Sunday, March 4, 2007

What a great weekend!




We had a great weekend at the Inmon household! Friday night ended up being a boys only night at our house. Terri went to one of neighbors for girls Bunko night and actually won five bucks! The funny thing is that a couple of the girls had gone to see Mama Mia, the musical at the Koger Center, and decided it would be cool to get an Abba cd to play during the evening...the whole evening, listened to it four times...Nothing like getting your entire life fix of Abba in one night. Charlee Ann had a birthday party sleep over with one of her classmates. And Tanner and I hung out and did guy stuff; played video games, well Tanner played video games...I tried my best to participate...It is amazing how incredibly stupid kids video games can make you feel. Needless to say he kicked my butt. But lookout Tan...I am getting better at the Nascar racing game!

Can I say that I am the luckiest guy in the entire world! Charlee Ann and I talked before she left to spend the night about what I would do without being able to tuck her in at bed time. We always tuck the kids in, sing them songs, give kisses, and usually do something fun to get them in bed. For instance surfboard Steve, where Charlee gets on my back standing up while I move on my hands and knees and surf her into bed. Well I told her that she would have to leave one of her animals for me to tuck in so that I would not be sad without her. Below is a picture of what she left me, wow, talk about making your heart swell with pride. She is the best daughter in the world!

Moving on to Saturday. We hosted our neighborhood game night Saturday evening, we have a great group of neighbors that we have made friends with since moving in. Four families that are close to our age that all have kids Tanner and Charlee's age. It seems like we have all known each other forever. The kids all get along great. Game night consists of adults down stairs and kids upstairs. The hosts provide a main dish and the others bring the sides. We did a brisket last night and had some great sides. Chicken wings, salsa dishes, wraps, potato salad, great desserts, Terri made potato boats for the kids, and Rita...you all remember Rita don't you. She is so good, now with a Southern flair! We played Mad Gab which is a pretty fun game especially when you have a few cocktails in your system, but the really cool thing is that all our guests stopped the game and said that it is time to pull out the baby gifts. How friggin cool! Could not believe it, what a great bunch of friends! Now Jackson has some really great looking outfits to wear, a Boyton chicken stuffed animal, book and cd, home made blanket, rattle socks, Soothe and Play Bouncer, (I need one of these) just absolutely unbelievable. I was really amazed at the thoughtfulness! Hopefully the pics show off the gift for Jackson for you to see. I especially like the outfit that says "Party in my crib, 2:00 a.m."

Sunday has been a lazy day spent with the family reading the paper, working on the computer, Terri and Charlee playing Pollies, and making jewelery.

Tomorrow we are having family pictures taken at a studio, so now the question will be answered...How big is Terri?


Thanks for reading, y'all tune in again soon!

No comments: