Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Saddle Time

Headed Northeast to the old Homestead a little early last night to get out and enjoy the 78 degree temp and no wind. Discovered a few things of interest:

1) The old team kit still fits despite my Clydesdale weight class

2) There is a bike under all that dust

3) My new white bar tape looks really cool

4) My computer does not work except for speed (which was very slow)

5) Would love to have an SRM but would be embarrassed to post the results at this time

6) Shane, I am not sure I could keep up with you

7) Still feels great to work up a sweat and clear the mind

I did take my phone with me just in case I get the call from Terri that "It is time"and therefore did not leave the neighborhood. But the cool thing is that the subdivision has great streets, and a nice combination of hills, curves, flats, and scenery. I can do a ride for just over and hour and not leave Lake Carolina.

Has anyone seen the new Garmin bike computer, any thoughts or opinions? I also signed up for a disease ride yesterday (American Diabetes Assoc), a two day cruise from Cola to St. John's Island outside of Charleston. Supposed to be a great ride (roads, scenery, and we finish at the beach). So now I am officially in training, have too much pride to get dropped on a charity ride!

Still no baby, Terri said last night it felt like he was coming out, but apparently just doing calisthenics. Unless he comes sooner, Monday is the big day. That is all for now.

Thanks for reading, y'all tune in again soon.

3 comments:

Shane L Nelson said...

I am fairly slow and you should be faster than me or you should quit riding.

The Garmin looks cool but seems to be a little big. I do not know of anyone who has one. I know they sell them at Cycles Unlimited so you might call them, 417.887.3560.

Anonymous said...

HELLO TO ALL,
TRIED THIS EARLIER BUT MESSED UP
SOMEHOW. SUPRISE-SUPRISE. ANY WAY
JUST AS WELL I KINDA RAMBLED ON.
STEVE YOU ARE QUITE THE WRITER, LOVE YOUR STORIES.TANNER I FORGOT TO TELL YOU I'VE BEEN PRACTICING THE PIANO (NO NOT JUST THAT ONE SONG)NEED YOU TO HELP ME REMEBER SOME OF THE NOTES. TELL CHARLEE THATS AWESOME RIDING HER BIKE WITH NO TRAINING WHEELS. HOPE JACKSON COMES SOON. SEE YA'LL
LOVE YOU GUYS,
JULIE

Anonymous said...

I better pick up the pace Shane, otherwise my wife said she is going to drop my ass on her hybrid bike...