Friday, March 23, 2007

Never ceases to amaze me...

Alright, this is going to be a sappy post. So if you have to, log out now. As I sit here in the Nesting room with my wife and my newborn son, many things race through my mind. Now it could be that I have only slept for about four hours in the last two days or maybe it is the champagne that I snuck in the hospital for a celebratory Mimosa with Terri. Whatever it is, this is how I feel right now about my wife, Terri Inmon.

There comes a time in ones life when they have the big “Wow”. It can come in many different forms, fashion, or just dumb luck. Mine started with just dumb luck the day that I had just enough liquid courage as I looked across TGI Friday’s and saw this absolutely hot chick. Yes, it was Terri. I asked if I may call her and she said “yes, call me soon”.

Fast forward to April of 2005. I thought I had experienced the most incredible thing in the world when I looked over my left shoulder and saw this beautiful woman walking out of the light from the afternoon sun that shone through the Church doors. Wearing a smile that could melt the Northern ice cap, she melted my heart.

Fast forward to March of 2007. She one upped herself. Two years ago I thought that life could not get any better, my how I was wrong. Yesterday I experienced the most incredible thing I have ever been a part of; standing next to my wife watching the birth of our son. Later that day was the icing on the cake when we shared him with Tanner and Charlee Ann.

Thank you Terri for making my dreams come true. I love you Belle!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww
Pass the Kleenex please!!! You are absolutely incredible yourself and
they are so very lucky to have found you!!!!
Love to you guys,
Julie

ScottyD said...

Stevie congrats dad. Best wishes to you & the new momma. Hope she recovers quickly. Hope all is well with your son. Sleeping through the night yet? LOL Couldn't help but asking, I know the answer.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Sleeping? Scott please, I feel like I used to feel in college without the hangover. Terri and Jackson are well! Wow, what an experience!
Steve

byron said...

Awesome! Truly awesome!! Congratulations, my man! That is incredible, I am so happy for you. You've made it!

Byron