Sunday, March 11, 2007

Great News....

Okay not baby news, but Charlee Ann has learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! This is so cool, she can now tear up the neighborhood with Tanner. Tan likes to head up to the Town Center to this restaurant called Groucho's, a great sandwich place with really good food. He takes his backpack and loads it full of food and heads on back home. Now the sandwich may be a bit squished due to the packaging, but still tastes great and gives him such a feeling of freedom and confidence. Charlee Ann is so proud of herself as we are of her. They will be two to watch out for on the neighborhood trails.

Had a great weekend...again. It is now Sunday night at 7:42 Cola time. Terri and I are setting out on our deck with the tiki torches lit all around, ambient lighting shooting up on our Crape Myrtle's throughout our back yard and the temp now is a cool 72 degrees! Terri and Jackson are feeling very well, no mad dash to the hospital quite yet. We believe it will be next Saturday and it will be a nice, easy, healthy. smooth delivery. You all should too! The power of positive thinking everyone. Get on board! I told the neighbors that if they see me running out of the house wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts, flip flops, and hopefully my wife in tow that the time is here! Otherwise I am just heading out for milk, bread, or probably beer.

Had a few comments that we did not have enough things picked out on our registry at Babies R Us, so we headed out to the actual store in Cola Saturday. Let me tell you, this Internet thing is really cool, but when you don't know a damn thing about baby stuff, you really need to see it in person. Do you have any idea how much baby stuff there is at this place? Holy smokes! I have never seen such a display of baby, Mom, and Dad stuff. We spent, I kid you not, two plus hours in the store. If it were not for the pangs of hunger and a cold beer, we could have spent at least another hour. We put everything under the sun on our registry. I was in charge of the fun gun to shoot everything we wanted. When Terri was not looking I tried to put on hemorrhoid creme, gas tablets, and a size 38 DDD nursing bra (thought it was funny!) but she quickly pointed out that everyone would think it was for me anyway and wishful thinking. Damn busted, but now we have some cool stuff on the list.

The HBA Home and Garden participant preparty Thursday night with Rita at our booth was a huge hit...we went through six mixes! Rita, needless to say was a huge hit. For you Nascar fans, I saw Jimmy Johnson's Daytona car and the new Car of Tomorrow on display. The Car of Tomorrow is pretty interesting looking to say the least, but not as bad in person as the pictures that I have seen online. Should be interesting to see how they perform on the track at Bristol.

Tomorrow we head back the the baby Doc's to see how my lovely wife and Jackson are doing. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Hope all our friends and family are well, we miss you all and look forward to you coming down to visit. Our door is always open, (I keep telling the kids to shut the door) you are always welcome. Bring your beach towels, sun screen, and flip flops!

Thanks for reading, y'all (local term for you all) tune in again soon!

6 comments:

Shane L Nelson said...

One entry from you would count as ten from all us Springburg bloggers. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Ya let's see you sit out on that deck come July! Can you say humidity? CMac
P.S. I'm on board the positive thinking train...smooth delivery....smooth delivery...

Anonymous said...

Tell Charlee I am so proud of her.
Tanner too for the food delivery.
It was nice here this weekend. Everytime I open this blog now I expect to see "can't talk on way to hospitallllllllllllllll. Just let me know and I'll be on a plane when you need me.
Love to all,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Way to go Charlee. I can just see you flying up and down the street. And Tanner, you may really need this new ability when Jackson gets here, it may be the only way you get anything to eat! Kidding !!! I am powerful on the positive thinking thing. Love You All,
Granny Jan

byron said...

Steve,
Great to hear from you! I hadn't heard the news, and now I'm really excited for you! Sounds like Carolina is treating you right. Keep us posted.

zjhvp

Anonymous said...

Ya Shane, I get a bit wordy when I write...And to paraphrase a former (thank goodness) Gamecock football coach, Lou Holtz. "If I had known that I was taking a job at the screen door to hell I would have never come down here!" So come July Cale, I may be in the kitchen looking outside to the deck writing this blog.
Thanks for reading!
Steve