Friday, June 8, 2007

Surgery








Septoplasty, Turbinectomy, and Nasal Vestibular Stenosis, to be exact. Had the pleasure of experiencing this procedure last Tuesday. Doc said that the surgery went very well. Said the left side of my nose was shaped like an S. Not very conducive to breathing. But all should be good to go in about three weeks. The only real visible indication of having the surgery is the blood you see around the end of my nose and slight swelling. Have been pretty miserable most of the week. I have had a splitting headache that is due to the splints that they have shoved into both sinus cavities. Percocet seems to numb the pain but it keeps me awake at night. I really don't like this stuff, don't see what the big deal is, just makes me goofy and out of sorts. Not fun! I can already breathe through the left nostril, something I have not done in forever. The doc said that this will be a "Wow" surgery, meaning once this is healed you will go wow, I can really breathe, I hope he is right.
Not much else to report here in Cola, it has been in the high nineties all week, Jackson is getting bigger (check out his fat little legs). Pretty cool now that he smiles all the time, makes little noises, blows bubbles, sticks out his tongue, and is just the cutest little boy ever!
Thanks for reading, Y'all tune in again soon.

3 comments:

byron said...

geez! hope things get better, I imagine you will be living the high life once you heal! rest up and recover so we can ride.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the last 2 sets of new pictures. Jackson is really growing. Sorry you are so uncomfortable, hurry and get well, I love you..........Mom

Anonymous said...

OH MY! You don't look bad but just hearing about having splints up your nose makes me think you must be miserable!!!!!! Jackson is really growing. Looks like he has long eyelashes. can't wait for
August!!!!!!
Love to all, Aunt Debbie