Friday, June 22, 2007

L.E. "Sonny" Inmon






Twenty eight years ago yesterday, 6/21/1979, my Dad lost his gallant four year battle with cancer and went to spend eternity with God. Dad was born 5/31/1940 and in his short life touched the lives of many people. He was first and foremost a husband and father, then a son, a brother, a friend, a builder, a developer, a race car driver, a fisherman, and forever my hero. You meant so much to so many, but not as much as this boy will ever let go in his heart. I wish you were here today to see your wonderful grandchildren, Kaiser, Tanner, Charlee Ann, and Jackson Patrick. And of course, my wife, Terri.

Dad, you will be forever missed. I still have your Simpson fire suit you raced in that I was wearing on your Chevy hot rod as a young boy, however I have out grown you! I am sure you have a smile on your face looking down from Heaven upon us. Here is to you Dad, this cold beer is for you! I love and will forever miss you!
Thanks for reading, Y'all tune in again soon.

3 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Dad would be proud of you.
Mom

The Estridge 5+ said...

Wow...touching...