Monday, June 11, 2007

I can see clearly now the drugs are gone...






I'm back, back from the fresh effects of anesthesia and five days full of percocet. Man that stuff sucks! I really don't see how people get hooked on that drug. Just give me a nice frosty cold Delirium Tremmens, a little satellite radio, my wife on the back deck with me, and that is all I will ever need. Well today I met with the good Doc to have the "splints" removed from my nostrils. I wish now I would have thought ahead and taken the digi cam to show you what they looked like. Unbelievable...so let me tell you. I think I was more nervous about the removal than I was about the surgery. At least during surgery I was completely out, but for this little procedure, absolutely nothing. Just me gutting it out. So he gives me this pink dish and tells me to hold it under my nose while his nurse held the light saber leading the way into my nose. He tells me that this will really not be too bad, just a quick sharp pain and a slight pull. Hmmm, then why am I holding the pink drip dish? Shouldn't I be wearing a bib to cover my shirt and tie?

Then suddenly a quick prick and a pull and it is out of my nose and before I have time to flinch he has the other side out.
Upon further review, these things were about as long as my little finger, slightly curved, about the width of my little finger with a tube running down one side to promote air flow. Good Lord, no wonder I had a splitting headache the whole time. But wow, I can really breathe. After next Tuesday I can go back to normal activities. Should be 100% in about four weeks.
For those of you who may need this surgery, go ahead and have it done, I highly recommend it.
On a baby note, our boy Jackson is now up to 13 pounds. Enjoy a few pictures of him. Really enjoys his new walker just not quite tall enough yet to reach the ground, check out the thighs of a future sprinter. And he has found his tongue.
Thanks for reading. Y'all tune in again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good talking to you, glad you are feeling better. Love the pics, espcially the ones with the tongue. Love you all. Mom