Thursday, May 31, 2007

Happy Birthday's

Hey everyone,

Today is a very special day for several reasons. Three very great men have birthday's today. Well two really...but Jackson is nine weeks old today, so we will run with that.

Today marks the birth of my dad, Sonny Inmon, and my buddy since about 7th grade, Randy Smith. Two of the greatest guy's ever!

It is really hard to believe that my Dad has been deceased now for almost 28 years. Cancer really sucks! He would have turned 67 today. I would have loved to have sat out on my back deck and shared a cold Michelob with him watched him bounce Jackson on his knee. For all of you who knew him, take a moment to remember his big smile, kind heart, warm laugh, and ornery attitude. Guy's, seriously, do me a favor, after you read this post, call your fathers and tell them you love them, if you don't love them at least call them to say hello. Take advantage of what you have today, because you never know what may be gone tomorrow.

Okay, sorry, didn't mean to get so heavy hearted with such a happy title post. But happy birthday Dad, I love you!

That goes for you too Smitty, hope you had a great day and were able to hook up with the usual suspects for a happy birthday beer; you old goat! About time you caught up to Hilgers and I!

When we get back to Swingtown in August I will buy you a belated birthday beer, or two.



Thanks for reading, Y'all tune in again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that sure made me tear up. What a nice tribute to your dad, don't think a day goes by that I don't think of him. You know he really loved you and Stacey.
On a happier note, its hard to believe ole Jackson is 9 weeks old! He will be walking and talking before we even know what happened
I am looking forward to seeing all of you in August. Kisses to everyone. All my love, Mom