Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Testing...Testing

Hello and a very Happy Valentines Day to you all. All is well here in Cola (local term for the great city of Columbia). Terri and I went to our first birthing class last night for two hours of great knowledge of what to expect when the big day comes. The anesthesia nurse asked for a Dad/man to volunteer to be demonstrated on for the epidural procedure, not being the shy one I stepped up to the plate. Per the demo it seems like that should not be a problem to have a big needle stuck into your spinal column. Therefore, when I need it during the delivery it should be no big deal. I figure I might as well wear my bike helmet just as a precaution in the event that I take a big dive into the floor. If all goes well Jackson's first visual of his Dad should be in a bike helmet anyway. I hope to have him racing by the age of 2. The class talked a great deal about pain control through various methods of medication, the different stages of labor, breathing, pushing, yelling, screaming, coaching (my part), to the big event where Jackson comes out healthy, happy, and into this great world. Next week is the fun part where we get to tour the Hospital's birthing floor, breastfeeding, and much more cool stuff. This weekend we are painting and preparing Jackson's room for his arrival. I will post some before and after pics for you to see.
If you missed this photo tour from our trip two weekend's ago, check it out!
http://www.realestateshows.com/129825
Y'all (local term for you all) tune in again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Julie and I are also expecting!!! Little girl, look out for me in about 15 years. Hope all is well, good luck with the baby! DAD! That is so cool for you. I like the helmet idea.

Greg Pettus

Steve Inmon said...

Way to go Pettus! I better warn you as well as Shane, and Scotty D, look out for our boy!
Good thing you bought the new house, she will need lots of room to run around.
Take care!